Protocol Forum
Please log in or register.
Protocol Forum
Please log in or register.
Protocol Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional Gaming Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application: Avarik

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Avarik

Application: Avarik Empty
PostSubject: Application: Avarik   Application: Avarik I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Game Alias: Avarik

Steam Username: ss2maximilian

Primary Class: Recon
Level: 32

Secondary Class (If applicable):
Level: N/A (Medic, Assault and Robotics, all at level 5)

Preferred Game Mode (Ex: PVP): I would say PvE...but there are times where I like PvP more, its just the EU community that beraly does any PvP pugs which is disappointing, forcing me to play on US servers in order to PvP (The slight lag screws my aim a bit, but I can kill stuff just as fine, survival is reduced slightly, however.)

Past MMO Experience: Well, I would say that I played WoW before, don't want to tell too much about it (WoW haters D:). I also played EVE, where I engaged in PvP with the F4T4L corp after Red Alliance took over our 0.0 section. I've also played Planetside, focusing mostly on sniping and aircrafts. (Liberator ftw, especially the Galaxy Gunship :3) The list could go on, but these are the two (three...) I wanted to focus on pretty much.

Past FPS Experience: Call of Duty, Team Fortress 2, Battlefield (All games excluding Modern Combat and Bad Company 1 for the Xbox), Aliens vs Predator 2, Crysis + Warhead + Wars, Operation Flashpoint, WW2 Online.

Past/current Agencies and reasons for leaving: Well I can't really call my first agency an agency...infact, I forgot the name of it because we beraly did anything...just a few AvA combats, losing badly to the Mpire alliance who were picking on us (Most of my alliance mates thought them to be cheating and/or exploiting), so I can't really describe much on this part.

Past Leadership Experience (optional): Leading battles in other games...WW2 Online, for example: I took the leadership of a bomber flight of Stukas, engaging an enemy held town where the ground forces required air strikes to handle the army base's defenses. Before I gave the order to dive, we lost 2 to 5 Stukas (We were about 20 or so) to enemy Spitfires who just Boom and Zoomed us (Attack when unprepared, score a kill hopefully and climb back up). Luckly for us, there were some 109s covering us so they took care of them, allowing whoever survived to dive on the town. We destroyed a few stuff. I recall getting 2 AA kills and a possibly tank kill (or was it a damage), aswell as surviving a spitfire that was on my 6, who also killed my gunner...if that 109 wasn't helping me, I'd be dead. :3

Timezone: GMT +2

Location (Country/State): Israel/Central

What can you bring to the agency?: Experience mostly. I've been playing Global Agenda since the CB with the recon class. I might have taken a break of a few months due to bordom and life, but I decided to return about a week ago since I saw that patch 1.3 was coming.

Why do you want to join Protocol?: Because Protocol seemed like the right choice. I saw you have some CB players aswell and I rather play with experienced players rather than rookies (Even if I'm level 32 and not 50 as I should have been)

How many nights per week can you make Citadel? Warlord? Other availability?: I do believe they don't exist anymore. :3
Regardless, so long that we don't pass 22:00 GMT+2 my time, we're cool, since my job requires some serious attention for the next few months.

Do you have access to a working mic and Mumble? (Very important): I do have a working microphon which I use in conjuction with my headphones...but what exactly IS Mumble?

What is your favorite aspect of AvA?: Obviously the territory part and the production. However, fighting for it is also some serious fun, but production actually means something...that you made it by taking control of something that is actually yours and that you built by yourself...

What makes teams better than others?: That depends...a full medic team can not really dish out too much damage, but they can survive a lot longer than a full recon team, for example. Its best to have a combinition of each. I'd say, for a balanced 10 players team...2 recons, 3 medics, 3 assaults and 2 robotics. (Can add one robotics for one medic. I find that too many recons usually tends to fail at times, because they're so popular that there are beraly any other support classes like robotics and medics in the fight. or so it was in the CB and launch)

Computer Specs:

Manufacturer: INTEL
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3322MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1 TB Total
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SigmaTel Audio1
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse (Converting to a G9X soon, my G5 broke and I'm using a microsoft mouse temporarily)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070719-1309)

FPS in game?: Between 70 to 100 or so. Drops slightly when in heavy combat (Running on Maximum quality)

Have you been recommended by a current member (Who)?: Not at all...

Other Notes: Don't think so...usually I write bigger apps but I just got tired of it...back when I played WoW, I wrote a lot of apps since so many guilds disbanded and I had to keep looking for raiding guilds...this only means that the quality of the app doesn't mean anything.
Back to top Go down
Canucck

PostSubject: Re: Application: Avarik   Application: Avarik I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Everyone would rather play with experienced over inexperienced players, the question is what can you bring to the team that we don't already have. Experience isn't really a good answer here, since the recons we have now are among the best and most experienced in the game (and we have a lot of them), and are all level 50 with full epics.
Back to top Go down
Avarik

PostSubject: Re: Application: Avarik   Application: Avarik I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:43 pm

I'll be honest...I wasn't thinking this through, and I'm unsure if I fit for a very big agency like Protocol, especially since you're all so experienced as you say. I know you are having a stress lately with some members leaving and that, but I didn't expect that my answer wasn't good. I have some epics myself, and I'm a social player, but thats all. If you think I don't fit, go ahead, decline it.

Besides that, I thought you had more Europeans for different time zones, but I guess I was mistaken since you're all from NA. I don't think I can play as good because of that.

Edit: And you said something that you don't have...you did not say that in the question, so I'd recommend that you change it to fit accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Suff

Suff

PostSubject: Re: Application: Avarik   Application: Avarik I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:16 pm

We'd give you a tryout never the less, but only making it for AvA on thursdays is too little considering it's our only real focus. so, sorry & good luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Avarik   Application: Avarik I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Avarik
Page 1 of 1